I joined the health and fitness industry 30 years ago. I initially trained as a fitness instructor teaching freelance in all areas of West Yorkshire. I taught a variety of fitness classes for 16 years ranging from Aerobics, Step Aerobics, Phenomenal Abdominals, Hip and Thigh attack, Body conditioning, Boxercise, Circuits and Fitness yoga (based on vinyasa flow yoga). I worked with Castleford Tigers Rugby team for 3 years, teaching Fitness Yoga and Pilates based exercises, aiming to improve their flexibility, core and focus.
My passion is teaching and helping people achieve their health and fitness goals. I started to research and experience alternative therapies, and made the decision to move more in the direction of therapies. In 1999 I started to train in Complementary therapies and became qualified in Reflexology in June 2000, I have continually continued my education upon seeing the benefits they can provide, in order to provide the best possible treatments to my clients.
I have 18 years experience working within the Holistic Health Industry. I have worked with a wide range of clients suffering from Mental Health Issues for Leeds Mind Project in Leeds, and also worked with clients recovering from cancer.
All the therapies I offer can be beneficial in their own right, and complement each other when used in combination to provide your own ‘personal package’ that works for you. I am currently studying to be a Personal Trainer. I am first aid qualified and also hold a Modern Pilates Instructor Certificate.
- IIHHT Diploma in Reflexology
- IIHHT Diploma in Swedish Massage
- IIHHT Diploma in Anatomy & Physiology
- IIHHT Diploma in Indian Head Massage
- Certificates in Usui Reiki Levels 1 & 2
- Certificate in Thai Massage
- Certificate in Thai Hand and Foot Massage (on a massage therapy bed)
- Certificate in Indian Face Massage
- Certificate in Hot Stone Massage
- Certificate in Balinese Massage
- Certificate in Lava Shell Massage
- Certificate of competency in Maternity Reflexology (including ‘infertility reflexology’ pre-conceptual care, ante-natal care, birthing preparation, post-natal care and newborn baby care)
- Modern Pilates Instructor Certificate
- Training in Polestar Pilates (currently)
- Certificate in Pre/Post Natal Pilates
- Pilates ‘roller’ training course
- Pilates-based Shoulder Conditions and Diagnostics Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- NVQ Level 3 Business Administration Diploma
- NVQ Level 3 Customer Care Diploma
- Currently studying for a certification in Sports Nutrition
- Currently studying for Polestar Pilates Qualification
- Psych – K facilitator (muscle energy testing)
- Qualified in teaching Reformer Pilates
I have a fitness background, and was a freelance instructor for 16 years and therefore understand the benefits of looking after oneself with regular diet, massage and stress relief to maintain a healthy ‘holistic‘ approach. I have 6 years experience working with a local mental health charity, and has worked with a wide range of Mental Health Issues using complementary Therapies in this time to improve their lifestyles. In the 16 years i have been practising I have provided support and treatment to a variety of clients with Cancer. In 2013 I gained my Modern Pilates certificate, having done Modern Pilates for 10 years, I am now studying for my Polestar Pilates Qualification.
I am a Member of the Federation of Holistic Therapists under VTCT Regulations.
I am continually updating my knowledge and qualifications to provide the best possible service to my clients.
Other Courses Attended
- Multi-disciplines of Sport and Remedial Massage
- Injury Prevention Massage – Advanced Training
- Healing Trauma through Reflexology – treating clients with cancer and who have suffered from trauma
- Crystal and Meridian Therapies